Spending each day at work demands a high level of alertness and concentration. Whatever be the job profile, working efficiently asks for a great deal of energy to maintain productivity. If you feel dog-tired at work easily and get fatigued even before afternoon, here are some inevitable tips that will help you feel fresher:
1. Love Your Work
A valuable piece of advice by Steve Jobs for the working people –“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” Choosing the right job that you are going to love doing is the key point. Your work should give you a chance to be creative all the time. You ought to feel inspired by what you are doing. That will definitely make you feel fresh and ready to make your best contribution for the day.
2. Keep Thinking Forward And Be Keen To Learn
- Having a distant vision is very essential. You should have short term as well as long term goals to be achieved by your work.
- Also, try to ensure that your work makes a difference. You will gain much more appreciation that way, which will inspire you to stay motivated.
- Brain needs fresh inputs for optimal outputs. Always keep your mind open for learning. Working monotonously and aimlessly on fixed guidelines gives rise to fatigue. There should be a consistent effort to be innovative and more productive.
- Keeping oneself updated with relevant information about new technology and methodology also aids in having a fresher outlook.
3. Take A Break To Stretch It Out
Your body tenses up when you are dealing with all kinds of stresses at work. In order to continue working for longer hours with lingering freshness, take a short break (or maybe two if you are working extra hours) and devote it to stretching. Gentle stretching of the neck, trunk, arm and leg muscles eases out the stiffness and eliminates postural problems too.
4. Energize Your Mornings
In order to have an active day at work, it is necessary to have a really ‘good’ morning. Getting up tired and groggy makes our mornings dull and it is hard to look forward to having a fruitful day with a sleep-deprived mind. Some recommendations to have fresher mornings are:
- Try to resolve all petty conflicts before heading for the bed on the previous night.
- Ensure 7-8 hours of sound sleep every night.
- Engage yourself in an aerobic exercise regime of at least 20 minutes in the morning.
- Meditation rules above all. It rejuvenates the soul and replenishes the energy stores within us. Regular practice helps in stress management and raises the threshold of succumbing to fatigue.
5. Cultivate Healthy Eating Habits
This is particularly important while planning daily breakfast menus. A high fiber, protein rich breakfast with lot of fluid intake helps in maintaining body glucose levels during the course of the day. The tendency to munch on unhealthy snacks in between meals should be curbed down. A handful of tasty nuts, a delicious fresh fruit salad or a yoghurt smoothie can be equally refreshing; if at all, your tummy rings the bell before the actual ‘lunch’ break. Consuming plenty of fluids (at least 8 glasses of water a day) is recommended to keep the body hydrated and the mind fresh. Even if you have less time, try to eat less in quantity but more good quality food which can be digested easily and is healthier.
6. ‘Power Packed’ Relaxation Strategies
Research has proved that a power nap of about 15 minutes after lunch is good enough to recharge your brain cells to work efficiently in the post-lunch working sessions. If your work schedule allows, try it out to see the difference.
- Switch over to watch your favorite comedy videos for a while, when you are unable to concentrate due to fatigue after long stressful continuous working.
- Listen to some enchanting music and meditate with deep breathing for 10 minutes. You will come back with a much relaxed and creative mind.
- Such short but energy-filled breaks will leave you refreshed and fill you with positive energy which might be the much-needed aspect required at work.
Try to eliminate boredom and fatigue from your work schedule and make your work enjoyable. Take care of your diet, take advantage of exercising to cut down stress levels, respect others, aim high and stay motivated with positivity. With a fresh attitude, your mind and body will be able to perform in an enhanced fashion, even during a ‘marathon’ day to work.